Current and future H-F students and their parents are invited to attend Homewood-Flossmoor High School’s annual Advanced Academics Showcase, an evening to explore the school’s wide array of Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Project Lead the Way and MVP Fine Arts Academy courses.
The showcase will be held on Thursday, Jan. 18, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., beginning in the Mall Auditorium. Participants will have the opportunity to talk to H-F department chairs and teachers about their classes’ content and expectations. Additionally, participants will get the “real scoop” from current H-F students about their advanced coursework experiences, and they will learn about the college-admissions process from representatives from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, DePaw University and Lawrence Technical University.
Students, when you attend the Advanced Academics Showcase, you will...
- Discover how advanced courses can fuel your curiosity, stoke your interests and develop your talents.
- Learn how taking challenging courses can make you a better student and a more well-rounded individual.
- Hear about the college-level study skills you will develop from taking advanced classes.
- Understand that taking challenging coursework can expand your outlook and actually make you smarter.
- Explore advanced course options that can help you determine what you will study in college.
- Find advanced courses that are just right for you for the 2018-19 school year and beyond!
For more information about the Advanced Academics Showcase, contact Dr. Nancy Spaniak, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development, at 708-335-5330.