HFPA will sponsor the HFPA Scholarships and the H-F Foundation will manage the money raised. The HFPA collects money annually for the HFPA Scholarship Fund through donations from parents/guardians and businesses. We will give scholarships every year to deserving students who are going to further their education. Applicants need to meet certain criteria listed below:
Homewood-Flossmoor High School Parent Association Scholarship (HFPA)
Award: 5 Awards of $500 are being awarded this May at the HFHS Honors Convocation Ceremony
Eligibility & Criteria:
- An H-F- High School college bound senior with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.4 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant must be a U. S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Financial need will be a consideration. Provide a copy of your Free Application for Federal Student Funding (FAFSA)
- The recipient of an HFPA scholarship may not receive any other scholarships administered by H-F High School and the H-F Foundation
- Submit an essay chosen from one of the following topics:
a. Discuss the importance of diversity on a college campus.
b. Discuss/explain your choice of an intended college major and career aspirations.
c. Discuss/explain characteristics of a leader and the characteristics you possess.
d. Discuss a personal experience that strengthened, changed or enriched your life.
The essay should be a minimum of 250 words, 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Letter(s) of recommendation
You may donate to the Scholarship Fund by:
- Clicking on the link above and making an online donation. Any amount is accepted. $10 makes a big difference to a college-bound senior.
- Mailing a check for any amount to: HFPA at Homewood-Flossmoor High School, 999 Kedzie Ave., Flossmoor, IL 60422. Please make the check payable to: HFPA Scholarship Fund.
- Completing your student enrollent form during Registration Days
- Using 2clickfundraising.com- Click on 2clickfundraising.com No user ID or passwords required. Amazon is one of 50 participants. Amazon Prime is still available to you via 2click.
- Saving your receipts from purchases made at select Dunkin Donuts locations and dropping them in them in the designated "Dunkin" boxes at HF in the North or South Building.
Thank you to all who donated to the HFPA Scholarship Fund during Registration Days!
Thank you to parents, guardians and corporate sponsors of the HFPA Scholarship Fund!