Junior Class Student Government Officers
The junior class is responsible for planning Prom. The officers meet every other Wednesday after school in B12
For more information or to get involved, contact class sponsor
Matt Knoepke - 708-799-3000, ext. 5288
COLLEGE ADMISSION CHECK LIST FOR JUNIORS
Below are general guidelines from our Guidance Office.
- Continue taking courses that will sharpen your skills for college and enhance admission prospects.
- Visit your counselor and college consultant.
- Attend College Night in October.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT in October. National Merit Semi-Finalists are selected from students who take this test junior year.
- Ask your parents to check on scholarship programs that may be offered through their employers.
- During first semester, begin to investigate specific colleges by:
- Meeting with your counselor.
- Researching colleges on Naviance.
- Signing up to talk with college representatives who visit H-F.
- Identify specific entrance requirements.
- Write or call colleges to request information.
- Enroll in ACT Prep workshops.
- Take the ACT in April & June.
- Spring and summer are the times to visit college admissions offices. Call ahead for an appointment. Ask about financial aid & scholarships.
- Consider attending a summer program on a college campus.
- Enroll in 1st period courses.
- Enroll in Summer School or Summer Academy.
ACT TESTING PATHWAY - JUNIOR YEAR
• Register to take an ACT test (ACT.org) for exposure. Optional: Pay extra fee to have itemized breakdown of questions to identify areas needing attention. Use that information for further preparation for April test.
• Visit ACT.org and follow the online study guides and take practice tests.
• Purchase an ACT practice book, or check one out from a local library, and periodically take a test, or portion of a test for practice.
• Register for March/April Viking Test Prep class. Dates and times of class and registration forms found here. Availability is limited. Register early!
•Take the Viking Test Prep class for April ACT / PSAE test (day 1 of PSAE test is an ACT test).
• Register for May Viking Test Prep class and take the June ACT test. ACT registration is completed at ACT.org.