Early Residency Verification: July 5-20
Did you know that you can reduce your wait time during Book & Fee Days by verifying your residency and paying your fees in July? From July 5-20, Mondays-Thursdays, you may verify residency in the South Building Activities Office. Hours are 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on Mondays-Wednesdays and from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. on Thursdays. Items needed to prove residency are:
- Two current utility bills (ONE must be NiCor or ComEd) from June, July or August
- Proof of your residence: current original lease (with name and phone number of landlord); OR current mortgage statement; OR current declaration page of homeowner's insurance policy
Printed copies of online utility payments are accepted; however, we cannot print out documents for you or accept faxed copies of these items.
All students - including incoming freshmen who attended Freshmen Registration in February - must again verify residency this summer. After verifying your residency, you may pay book fees and purchase spirit wear and gym clothes in the Campus Store. You may also pay your fees directly online - click here for info.
If you are new to the district, you may enroll Mondays-Thursdays from 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. in the South Building Activities Office. No appointment is necessary; click here to see information for new residents and transfer students. Questions? Please call 708-335-5594 or email Michelle Paus.
Book & Fee Days: Aug. 2, 3, 5 & 7
Please mark your calendar for Book & Fee Days! On these days you will:
Available dates & times are:
- Verify residency (if you didn't do so July 5-20)
- Pay your registration fee (if you didn't do so in July or online)
- Pick up textbooks & class schedules
- Be issued your 2017-18 school ID
- Receive information about bus routes
- Update your student's phone numbers & emergency contacts
- Have an opportunity to purchase gym uniforms and spirit wear
- Wednesday, Aug. 2, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 3, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 5, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (limited counselor availability)
- Monday, Aug. 7, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
The 2017-18 registration fee is $350 - if paid prior to Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, the fee will be discounted to $295. Students in the Class of 2018 will have an additional $35 graduation fee.
If you have any questions regarding Book & Fee Days, please call 708-335-5594 or our registration info line at 708-335-5559.
Attention, Incoming Freshmen!
Welcome to H-F! Did you know that it is a state law that all high school freshmen must have a current physical with proof of immunizations on file before school begins? Freshmen physicals - or written proof of a pending appointment for a physical on a doctor's prescription pad - must be submitted to the school nurse by Friday, July 14. Click here to download physical forms.
Please join us for CLASS OF 2021 FRESHMEN ORIENTATION on Wednesday, Aug. 9. Students attend from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Bus transportation will be provided to those students outside of walking distance. At orientation, you will be briefed by administrators, deans, school counselors, student volunteers and Freshmen Class Sponsors, along with a question-and-answer period and a campus tour. There will be a Freshmen Parent Orientation held that evening at 7 p.m. - watch your mailbox for more information!