H-F Visual Arts — The best in Illinois!
Visual communication is part of daily life. A familiarity with the arts is an integral and essential communicative skill that links the human experience. A comprehensive Visual Arts experience engages the student in meaningful art criticism, aesthetics, history and production. Process, craftsmanship, exposure and connection to a worldview of art-making promote a standard of quality that enhances the individual’s life. H-F's Visual Arts Department was named the best in the state of Illinois in 2013 by the Illinois Art Education Association — click here for details!
National Coalition for Core Arts Standards
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work
- Refine and complete artistic work
- Select, analyze and interpret artistic work for presentation
- Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation
- Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work
- Perceive and analyze artistic work
- Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work
- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art
- Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.