Friends of the Library Advisory Board
love to read and talk about books
want to meet other readers
think you would enjoy helping make the HFHS library an even better place
H-F Friends of the Library Club might be for you!
The mission of the HFHS Friends of the Library is to offer students the leadership opportunity of supporting the library by assisting the staff in the selection of books and materials, planning events and activities, as well as sponsoring and raising funds for an annual scholarship. This organization is open to all H-F students.
In addition to attending meetings, Friends can become involved in the following responsibilities:
- Plan and host events, activities, programs (i.e. author visits, book discussions).
- Help select books and materials.
- Help develop fundraising opportunities.
- Design and create displays.
- Assist with publicity (posters, flyers, etc.).
- Develop booklists and reviews.
- Volunteer to do assorted tasks in the library
Advantages and Outcomes
In addition to giving you a voice in what goes on in the library, Friends are also provided with a great leadership opportunity within the school (ideal when applying for a job or on a college application). Friends also gives members a sense of ownership and responsibility. Participants will also feel a sense of teamwork, friendship, cooperation and FUN!
How do I get involved?
Contact club sponsor: Mrs. Harper, 708-799-3000, ext. 5566