To become a candidate for substitute teaching at Homewood-Flossmoor High School, please complete an application online by clicking here. In the field "Position Desired," select "Substitute Teacher." Be sure to also upload a copy of your Illinois Teaching Certificate or Substitute Certificate, College Transcripts and a copy of the negative results of a TB test (within the last year). Alternatively, credentials can be mailed to Homewood-Flossmoor High School, HR Department, 999 Kedzie, Flossmoor, IL 60422 or faxed to 708-799-8552.
Once your application is completed, it will be reviewed by our Director of Human Resources. If your qualifications meet our needs and there are substitute positions available, we will contact you for an interview. Starting rate of pay for a full-day assignment is $90/day.
* Substitute teaching certificates can be obtained through the Region 7 Regional Office of Education.
253 W. Joe Orr Road
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
*Certified/Cashier's Check or Money Order only
* Effective July 2007, the Cook County Department of Public Health assumed responsibility for providing tuberculosis prevention and control services in suburban Cook County. Clinical diagnostic and treatment services are available to all residents of suburban Cook County by appointment only at the following clinic locations:
• Harvey Clinic, 15948 S. Halsted, Harvey, IL 60426; 708-836-8600
• Forest Park Clinic, 7556 W. Jackson, Forest Park, IL 60130
• Des Plaines Clinic, 9325 Church St., Des Plaines, IL 60016
Human Resources & Public Relations Department
Jodi Bryant, Director of Human Resources & Public Relations
Lisa Caposey, Assistant to the HR/PR Director
Nicole Castagna, PR/HR Assistant