Links & Resources
Available seven days per week!
- Before school 7:30-8:25 a.m. in G16
- After school 3:10-4 p.m. in G9 (Algebra 1 & Geometry) and in G14 (Algebra 2 & higher)
- Saturdays 9 a.m.-Noon in the TLC (enter through Door 23)
- Sundays 2-5 p.m. in the TLC (enter through Door 23)
Links on this page:
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Mathematics -- Links to math departments of high schools and universities throughout the world, general resources, software, newsgroups, gophers, and more. You could be here a long time as there is a vast amount of information!
- Math Forum High School Teacher's Place -- Includes classroom materials, internet math projects, articles, newsgroups and related links. Very useful information.
- Geometry Student Center -- Choices for age level - Ask Dr. Math, weekly and monthly contest problems, and other special tips. Good site to use with students!
- Ask Dr. Math -- College students and professors are online to help K-12 math students; can e-mail them a question!
- Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies -- A free, bulletin-board website where students can post or e-mail homework questions to a "Web" teacher.
- QuickMathand Calc101.com -- Automatic, problem-solving sites that let students enter an expression and get an answer to math problems dealing with polynomial factoring, multiplication, long division, integration and differentiation.
- The Math Forum Drexel's Ask Dr. Math -- Maintains a database of math problems with tutorial solutions that lets students search for problems similar to those on their homework.
- S.O.S. Mathematics -- Acts as a hyperlinked math textbook.
- Hotmath -- Offers free tutorial solutions of the odd-numbered homework problems from most popular math textbooks.
- Math Magic -- Team competition for the different grade levels.
- 21st Century Problem Solving -- Tips on how to problem solve - need plug-in.
- Interactive Mathematics Miscellany and Puzzles -- Games and puzzles, math topics - interactive software and Java needed.
- Mathematical Quotation Server -- Need a math quote? This allows you to search for a word, or browse through alphabetically by authors' last name.
- Online Mathematical Dictionary -- Comprehensive alphabetical listing of math terms. Only useful if need a short definition.
- Mega Math -- From Los Alamos National Labs - Collections of mathematical ideas, exercises, and things to do (map coloring, graph games, knots, machines).
- ENC Online -- Eisenhower Clearinghouse for Math and Science has the latest news and happenings including competitions.
- Calculus graphics -- Animated graphics for calculus.
- History of Mathematics Information -- Based at St. Andrew's University in Scotland, this site contains biographies of more than 1,000 mathematicians and their topics.
- Mathematics Archives WWW Server -- Links to many sites, topics, software, student and teacher materials and news.
- Math Lesson Plans -- Creative secondary school lesson plans which integrate use of the internet